The history of the company dates back to 1915, when its founder, James Allison, launched a mass production of transmissions for military special equipment, turbines for aircraft.
Allison Corporation today is an advanced manufacturer of automatic transmissions, which are widely used in the production of mining, cargo, oil, and other special equipment. The products of this brand are in great demand, more than 80% of the world's machinery is equipped with such transmissions.
The prototype of the model 1000 was five-step. Gradually, the design was amended, and since 2005, Allison 1000 has become a six-step, which greatly improved the maneuverability of the equipment. For the driver, such changes have increased the degree of control (the function of the drive from the turbine, neutral blocking, parking brake), which is important, because such a system is designed for commercial vehicles weighing up to 9 tons: small trucks, public transport.
The next in the hierarchy of automatic transmission - 2000. The design is designed for commercial vehicles with a carrying capacity of up to 15 tons with a fully automatic, 5-6 speed gearbox. Additional options in this series are similar to the 1000 modification.
Distinctive features of this transmission can be called:
- universal electronic control systems, through which it is easy to customize the box for specific tasks
- Built-in retarder at the output, which helps extend the life of the shoes and increase braking performance
- possibility to install two shift switches
- power take off from engine technology
- presence of an oil level sensor in the system.
Automatic 3000 is installed on cars with trailers, large trucks (gross weight of 15 tons), vans, technical assistance vehicles, large buses and tractors.
Automatic transmissions of this series are designed to ensure smooth and efficient operation of large-sized machinery with a large load capacity for construction, agriculture, mining, communal, logging:
- electronic control provides adaptation to different operating conditions
- a wide range of gears for road, off-road vehicles
- Reduction of wear of the brake pads due to the built-in retarder at the output, which also significantly improves the braking quality
- the design includes an electronic oil level sensor
- The design involves the installation of two switches.
For buses the Torqmatic series is developed, which is adapted to specific needs: economical consumption, a ban on movement with open doors and others.
Allison OFS is a special product for oil equipment. Equipment of the oil and gas complex is designed for drilling, installation, dismantling of columns, cementing and other types of work. To reduce the load on the power transmission line in these machines, an innovative patented invention, the torque converter, is used. It allows you to switch gears without breaking the power flow, which provides a gentle transfer of torque during operation. As a result, all extreme work is carried out easily, effectively. There is a possibility of using both automatic and manual modes (two switches are used, and also a transfer box can be mounted on the output).
The characteristics of this equipment are as follows:
- Simplified machine control due to automatic gear changes depending on speed and direction of travel
- the presence of a lock-up torque converter, hydraulic clutch, planetary rows
- versatility due to the possibility of installing a transfer case, parking brake, retarder, the possibility to change the location of the power takeoff
- the presence of a multifunctional control system (hydraulic, electrohydraulic).
Boxes of this series are mounted on mining, oil refining, logging, off-road machinery.
Automatic transmission of this configuration is ideal in the construction industry, mining, mining. The non-disruptive switching is provided here by hydraulic clutch, torque converter with locking, planetary rows. The box has six forward gears and two gears back. Just like in 5000 there is an effective control system, the variation of the transfer box, parking brake. Specificity of operation of equipment with such boxes implies the need for softening of impacts, vibration, this is due to hydraulics. This modification of the boxes is very popular also due to its versatility, adaptability.
These transmissions are intended for superheavy equipment (off-road with carrying capacity from 120 tons, the technique of the mining area with electric motors, on drives of stationary equipment):
- the torque at the output increases due to the torque converter
- the box consists of eight forward gears and does not have rear gear
- the control is in manual and automatic mode
- the possibility of installing a transfer case, a selection box, a parking brake
- The vibration of the engine and its wear are mitigated by hydraulics.
Allison automatic transmissions are reliable units with rational fuel consumption and high efficiency. Their design is such that it practically does not need repair, and periodic scheduled maintenance consists in replacing the fluid filters. When using filters with threaded connections or cartridges, service maintenance is quick and easy.
LLC "Torent-Trade" renders a full range of services in the selection, delivery, replacement, subsequent maintenance of Allison gearboxes, as well as related products.